Monday, March 24, 2008

Good Begets Good

Let me share with you an email I received awhile ago ... the letter not only encourages us to continue our work but further strengthens our faith in God that with Him, nothing is impossible! FYI, Ms. Guevarra has generously committed to sponsoring an elementary child to study in SFAS starting next year! Praise God!

Hi Micmic,
Sawasdee from Bangkok!
My good friend Gerle shared with me your email about her son Charles. CJ, as we fondly call him is my inaanak (god-son). Since he was born, I only see him once a year when I go back home for Christmas. I'm glad to know that he's been doing really well in school not only academically but also socially and spiritually. Hearing stories about his kindness and generosity towards others makes me proud of him and at the same time reminds me of my own shortcomings! Sometimes, it takes just a simple but genuine gesture of an innocent child to remind us adults of what is really important in life! I am humbled by this young boy who continues to grow with a big heart for others and a great desire to make something of himself.

In a way, we have St. Francis of Assisi to thank for instilling such values in young children like CJ. Growing up in Silay at STA, I've had few opportunities of visiting your school when I was in elementary. I remember our field trips to St. Francis to share the Christmas spirit to other kids. However, I've never really known the scope of what your school does until I read your email and visited your website. You've done a great job for so many children and their families! The miracles you receive from peoples from all walks of life are amazing. The saying "good begets good" is indeed true -- every single good thing you do is like a drop of water that creates ripples in a pond. You have inspired others to reach out to the less fortunate and under-privileged of Negros. I pray that your foundation continues to grow and serve those who are in need. - Malou Guevarra

No comments: