Sunday, August 23, 2009

A 4-Year Degree is Not The Only Way to Success

Having a four year degree course is not the only way to have a successful career. Mrs. Tina Gromea shared the three secrets to her success: God, knowledge and hard work.

Last August 20, 2009, in front of the Juniors and Seniors, she shared her struggle through the many challenges she faced in order to continue her bakery business. Through the help of the Tapulanga Foundation's Micro-credit program, she was granted a loan for additional capital to further expand it. Mrs. Gromea did not finish college. She is married to a government employee (now retired) with two kids in college. The bakery business is now supporting her family and sending her kids to college.

I learned that having intelligence and faith in God can lead all, whether rich or poor, to success. by Jeremy Deogracias, 4th year student

I learned that in choosing our career, it is like choosing what path to take in life. I could choose according to my wants, passions and likes or take the easiest path. I must choose wisely because these choices will change my life. by Misha Cervantes, 4th year student

I learned that I must have faith in God to accomplish my goals. In doing business, I must know how to make it successful. And I must believe in myself that I can be successful. by Edcil Belgira, 3rd year student


No comments: