Sunday, October 11, 2009

Non-Teaching Personnel Training

Last October 6, 2009, the school secretary and Multi-Media in-charge of SFAS visited the University of St. La Salle - Bacolod City for a training on their respective work.

It was a great opportunity for me to have a one-on-one training with Ms. Cleo Malan (Secretary to the Guidance Counselor). She taught me how to file documents in different ways. I was especially amazed when she introduced me to the color coding way of filing documents. Ms. Miriam Mondragon (Secretary to the Vice Principal) also shared with me her secret on how to be a pleasant secretary. She also oriented me on how to answer telephone calls and record the different papers and communications going in and out of the office. (Ms. Crisel Estardo, secretary)

Do you know what AVR means? AVR is Audio Visual Room.
I was amazed to see the AVR of the Grade School managed by Sir Apollo L. Mori and high school by Sir Arnel B. Cuaycong. Their offices were organized and fully equipped with different audio-visual materials. I learned that all AVR materials must be cataloged. All printed and non-printed materials must be arranged by subject, author and title as well. (Ms. Marechris Lautrezo, Multi-Media in-charge)




No comments: