Thursday, September 27, 2007

Our Very First Teacher Who Studied in SFAS, Too!



It was in the year 1987 when I first enrolled at SFAS as Prep. My teacher was Ms. Cañal. She was an effective teacher and was very kind. I also found my classmates very friendly. Since then, I liked and enjoyed schooling until I graduated in Grade 6. Ms. Elena, my grade 3 adviser and Ms. Melit, my grade 6 adviser, are still of dedicated service to the school. I finished my college degree at Colegio San Agustin- Bacolod as a working scholar. There I took Bachelor in Secondary Education.

Right now, two of my siblings are studying here in SFAS, my younger sister in Prep and my younger brother in Grade 6. Even if we were poor, I persevered to study. My mother took care of us and my father was a company driver. This has been my fourth year of teaching in SFAS. At first, I was a substitute teacher until the school hired me as a regular teacher. This year, I am the Grade 5 adviser and am teaching Language 4 and 5, Reading 4 and 5 and PE 4 -10. Teaching the kids is enjoyable though its tiresome often times but its compensated when I see my kids learning, eager to learn, and show positive attitude towards education.

Sir Armando Gayatenia, Jr.

No comments: