Saturday, January 7, 2012

SFAS Faculty and Staff On Being Motivated and Energized in the Last Quarter of the Academic Year

The NOPSSCEA Education Committee, chaired by Dr. Ervie Gallespen, sponsored a seminar for school administrators, teachers and staff on January 6, 2012 held at the Sanctuario de La Salle, University of St. La Salle, Bacolod City. Geared towards learning the approaches and understanding the conditions of individuals encountered in school, work and family, the morning session was about GENDER IDENTITY DISORDER which was facilitated by Ramon C.M.F. Lachica. His talk aimed to un-label the negative notions on certain personalities. The Pinoy Laughter Yoga, which was the afternoon session, was an advocacy of Paolo Martin Trinidad for a healthy laughing Philippines.

The seminar served to be another energizer among the 15 members of the teaching and non-teaching personnel of SFAS who attended.

The seminar has been a help to release stress; I have learned how to use my fingers and hands for getting away with negative moods. The Pinoy Laughter Yoga is such a help. (by Ms. May Santillan, school librarian)

I learned how to handle different personalities in the classroom.
(by Sir Carlo Concha, TLE teacher and Grade 5 adviser)

I found the afternoon session to be helpful to my health, and I realized that teaching is not purely lecturing, but that I can use the laughter yoga as motivation to my students. (by Ms. Rose Iglesia, Grade 3 teacher and adviser)

Pinoy Laughter Yoga is a great help in starting a class; smiling is a motivating factor especially in my subject, really applicable!
(by Sir Leonard Guinabo, Math teacher and Grade 6 adviser)

The GID is familiar to me as a counselor while the laughter yoga session equipped me on how to deal with the stressors at work. (by Ms. April Suating, guidance counselor)

The Gender Identity Disorder and Pinoy Laughter Yoga seminars were very beneficial for us; the speakers were effective in imparting to us the new ways of conquering stress! (by Ms. Jadelle Barcoma, Kinder teacher)

I had a great time! It was a meaningful experience. I learned how to relate the topic to myself being one of those in the third society. (by Sir Orly Navalesca, PE teacher)

No comments: