Monday, August 20, 2007

A Filipino in New York Supports our Cause

Ms. Golez,
Hi. I found out about you thru an article in a Philippine newspaper and was really impressed on your organization’s projects. I have always believed education is the key in improving a person's life. Not only it gives them the tools in building their future but strengthens one's character and self respect.

I am a Manileno but studied college in Bacolod (La Salle) and worked a few years with the now closed Manila bank before migrating here in New York. However, Negros have always been close to my heart and come home to Bacolod now and then just to visit. I was there last Feb 2007 and was amazed how it changed. I will be coming back in October this year and I can bring used (but in excellent condition) children's books, cd's , toys etc and maybe other stuffs that your organization or school needs. Any other donations (in terms of goods or money) can be arranged when I get there. Any little thing could help. It can be picked up or delivered to you. Keep up the good work, They will need all the help they can get and I hope I can contribute even in a small way in changing their lives. Please feel free to e-mail me if they will need something else and maybe I can arrange for something. Best regards to your family and more power.

It's amazing how God's Spirit is moving ... in people I don't know, in places thousands of miles away from where I am, and in different ways I could not have thought of. If only we allow ourselves to be empowered and used by the Spirit, imagine how much goodness can reign in our world today!

No comments: