Thursday, June 6, 2013

Brigada Eskwela Kicked Off in SFAS

St. Francis of Assisi School had its Brigada Eskwela last June 3, 2013 in preparation for the new school year 2013-2014.

Brigada Eskwela, also known as Bayanihan sa Paaralan, is a school maintenance program, a voluntary endeavor among stakeholders such as parents, students, teachers and staff in preparing the school for the opening.
Parents happily shared their time and effort during the Brigada.
"It is an important program as preparations are undertaken such as setting up of classroom, transferring of books and cleaning such that students will already be concentrated on classroom discussion and feel convenient when school opens. I am motivated to be part of Brigada because I want to be a role model to the students also," Lina Gabino, fourth year adviser said.

"The Brigada has a good impact for us students since we are taught how to keep our school clean as it is our second home. It is my last year and I am excited to be part of Brigada because I know in my own little way, I can make a difference," as shared by SFAS Student Affair Council president, Kyle Barnuevo.

According to Winnie Tahanlangit, a father of a Grade 4 student, who took a time off from work just to get involved in the said activity, "It is my contribution to the school and I want to make sure that classrooms are all set for the students."
Students doing a lot of weeding and gardening work!

THANK YOU to ALL who supported this initiative 
especially to the parents who tirelessly served and pitched in 
their time and effort to prepare the school 
to become conducive for learning 
in time for the opening of classes on June 10.


No comments: